Thursday 17 March 2011

See you at the Retail Week Conference 2011

I'm just about to leave home to take the tube to the Retail Week Conference (at the Hilton London Metropole on Edgware Road).

If you are also attending the conference, I'm on stage for "Stream C - Technology" from 11:20am so do grab a seat in that conference theatre so I can help you can work out if you are the sort of customer who is a Hunter, Gatherer or Groundhog!

I'm also joining my fellow colleagues at a couple of tables Tesco has booked as part of the Retail Week Awards tonight where we are nominated for our work on the mobile stuff. So yes I will be dressed as a penguin for the evening!

When I'm not on stage I'll be monitoring Twitter so if you want to say hello send a message to @nicklansley and maybe we can meet up during the afternoon.

1 comment:

As this blog grows in readership - and because it carries the Tesco brand - I have had to become more careful about the sort of comments that are acceptable. The good news is that I'm a champion of free speech so please be as praising or as critical as you wish! The only comments I DON'T allow through are:

1. Comments which criticise an individual other than myself, or are critical of an organisation other than Tesco. This is simply because they cannot defend themselves so is unfair and possibly libellous. Comments about some aspect of Tesco being better/worse than another equivalent organisation are allowed as long as you start by saying "in my personal opinion.." or "I think that...". ... followed by a "...because.." and some reasoned argument.

2. Comments which are totally unrelated to the context of the original article. If I have written about a mobile app and you start complaining about the price of potatoes then your comment isn't going stay for long!

3. Advertising / web links / spam.

4. Insulting / obscene messages.


Ok, rules done - now it's your go: